Copyright is a bundle of rights granted to a work that may be literary, dramatic, musical, or artistic work. The essential factor to get copyright protection is that the work is original, novel and published. The terms of protection may vary according to the type of creative work. The total term of protection for literary work is the author’s life plus sixty years.
Partial List of our Copyright Registration and Protection Services
- Registration of Copyright work related to Artistic, Musical, Dramatics, Literary, Cinematography and Computer Programs, Software, Songs, Lyrics etc.
- Preparing, filing and registering the copyright
- Providing expert advice on how copyright protection can be sought in different kinds of work
- Protection of owners copyrights from infringement.
- Assignment and licensing of copyright
- Prosecution against any infringement of copyright
What works are protected by copyright?
Copyright protects “original works of authorship” that are in a tangible form including the following:
- Literary works
- Musical works, including any accompanying words
- Dramatic works, including any accompanying music
- Pantomimes and choreographic works
- Pictorial, graphic and sculptural works
- Motion pictures and other audiovisual works
- Sound recordings
- Architectural works
The categories are broad in nature. The computer code is registered as “literary works”; and an Architectural plan as “pictorial, graphic and sculptural works.”
Who Needs Copyright Registration and Protection Services?
At CCS, we have helped a wide variety of people and organizations with our copyright services such as copyright registration, copyright licensing, transmission and copyright protection through lawsuits.
Contact CCS to talk to one of our copyright lawyers about the copyright registration and protection services.